New Mpesa Charges 2018: Sending Money and Withdrawal
MPESA charges for Sending Money and Withdrawal took effect on July 1, 2018. The Mobile network provider, Safaricom has announced new MPesa tariffs that will see their customers dig deeper into their pockets. the Mpesa charges hike are in line with the Finance Bill, 2018 and the Provisional Collection of Taxes and Duties Act, Reading the budget, CS National Treasury Henry Rotich noted that customers would be charged 12 percent up from 10 percent of every money transfer. You will find the Mpesa charges 2018 calculator below this article.
Money transfers of between Sh.1-100 remain free but have been limited to three transactions per day.
Transfers of between 1 shilling and 49 shillings will have an additional Sh.1 charge and 2 shillings for amounts between 50 shillings and 100 shillings.
The telco does, however, note that customers will not be able to withdraw less than Sh.50 from agents.
“You cannot deposit money directly into another M-Pesa customer`s account at an agent outlet,” the statement read in part.
Here are the new M-Pesa charges:
MPESA charges for Sending Money and Withdrawal calculator
MPESA Withdrawal Charges from Agent
Mpesa Charges – Sending money to Mpesa Users
Mpesa Transfer to Unregistered Users charges
MPESA charges Transfer to other Users
Mpesa Charges ATM Withdrawal
Mpesa Charges Other Transactions
|Mpesa Buying Airtime||FREE|
|Mpesa Balance Enquiry||FREE|
|Mpesa Change PIN||FREE|
MPESA charges will depend on the amount you are sending or withdrawing. You can use your MPESA menu to buy airtime for your phone, or for someone else. This service is free and you will only pay for the airtime purchased.
- Maximum Account Balance is KSHs.100,000
- Maximum Daily Transaction Value is KSHs.140,000.Maximum per transaction is KSHs.70,000
- You cannot withdraw less than KSHs.50 at an MPESA agent outlet.
- To initiate Mpesa Self Reversal, send the transaction confirmation to 456 or dial *456# and press 1.
- You cannot deposit money directly into another Mpesa customer’s account at an agent outlet.
- **3 free transactions per day thereafter Kshs. 1 (1-49) and Kshs.2 (50-100) will apply.
- To transact, your Safaricom line and MPESA account must be active
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another MPESA customer’s account
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on MPESA.
- To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID or Alien ID/Foreigner Certificate
For registration at Agent outlets, only Kenyan passports and national IDs are valid. Foreign passports, military IDS and foreign certificates can only be registered at Safaricom shops and care desks.
For deposits and withdrawals, the valid documentation are Kenyan passport, national ID, Foreign Passport, Miltary ID and Foreign certificate.
Dial *234# to view applicable charges.
NO TRANSACTION WITHOUT AN ORIGINAL ID